For the purpose of execution of its project, UNOPS AFR CDOH CAR seeks to hire a Project Management Support – Analyst ( Database). The incumbent will be working under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and under the management of the Country Manager. His/Her main responsabilities will be:
I. Database Implementation:
- Provide a professional implementation of data architecture standards and services including: Implement Store Procedures, Functions and Views using SQL Server Transact-SQL or MySQL;
- Support the creation of databases and data warehouse ETL process:
- Registration of the beneficiaries of the project, generation of list of beneficiaries, various analysis and reports on the registration process;
- Develop data entry format and reporting designs through reviewing the documentation process and file repository of the the project;
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration;
- Participate in design reviews of solutions with structured and unstructured data covering data integration, data flow, data warehouse, and business intelligence;
- Conduct interviews with application stakeholders, facilitate data-modeling sessions, write business and technical requirements, and apply standards and best practices.
- Manage business and product owner relationships and enable their understanding and appreciation of technical possibilities and constraints.
- Analyze existing databases and identify opportunities for data consolidation and design improvement. Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements;
- Take responsibility for the overall integrity, quality, accessibility, and accuracy of information across multiple database applications;
II. Project Support and Knowledge Management:
- Provide technical and business support to the project activities;
- Advise the project management team for the required information format, data entry, report format, etc., relating to operations and performances of a registration database. Advise on the software and hardware to be used for the registration process;
- Develop, maintain and share database design documentation and operating manuals on how to use the Database;
- Take part in field missions and support field operations in remote areas with the project teams;
- Perform data analysis and prepare reports with assistance from the project staff;
- Provide training and coordinate knowledge sharing sessions to selected staff members of the project and its stakeholders;
- Maintain strict data confidentiality for sensitive data;
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems or related fields is required
- 2 years’ experience, in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Statistics comfortable working, developing and managing databases for several types of data and information is required
- A minimum 2 years of experience in programming and use of Microsoft Excel and databases, SQL and VBA, including design of database structures and development of appropriate interfaces for data entry, ensuring data quality and security, update records and fields, modification of database structure, and generation of customized reports is required.
- Experience in training project personnel in the use of database management and different software applications is desired.
- Experience in analyzing data and producing reports is an advantage.
- Any experience with mobile payments/mobile money transfers would be an asset.
- Any experience with field coordination with participation in the assessment of community needs and resources would also be an asset.
Fluency in written and oral in French and English is required
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- CANDIDATES WITH NO UN EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC IS NON DUTY FAMILY MISSION