We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The technical professional is responsible for offering advice and technical support for IBM and Open Source Software (OSS) throughout an entire client lifecycle. Aside from honing technical skillsets, she/he will have opportunities to grow people and collaboration skills as one works with teams worldwide.
- Learn and acquire skills for various products (both IBM and OSS software) and strive to be a subject matter expert in the software products
- Support pre-sales team on activities: requirement gathering, preparation of SOW and creation of new offerings
- Implement and maintain the solution built
- Render remote and onsite technical support for the software solutions
- Apply Problem Determination / Problem Source Identification (PD / PSI) techniques to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems for our clients / services teams
- Build relationships and collaborate with various teams (i.e. support, development) worldwide to ensure the delivery of timely, accurate and seamless solutions
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1 to 3 years’ experience in IT support and implementation services
- Experience / academic exposure in any of the technical skills:
- IBM software such as WAS, WebSphere MQ and IBM DB2
- OSS such as OpenShift, Ansible, Apache, Docker, Kubernetes
- Distributed systems – Windows, Linux and Unix. IBM i operation systems
- Effective communication and technical writing skills
- Ability to resolve problems independently and to work in global teams
- Be customer focused and open to 24×7 support model
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.