At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Administer database components (i.e., containers, tablespaces, tables, indexes, views, etc.) for on-premise as well on cloud.
- Administer database security, monitor and correct space utilization.
- Design and implement physical and logical database backups and perform database restorations.
- Develop and maintain OS command scripts to support a variety of database maintenance activities
- Develop and schedule database maintenance jobs, Troubleshoot database problems which involves analyzing the problem, identifying alternative solutions, projecting the consequences of proposed actions and implementing a solution.
- Develop and schedule database maintenance jobs as well as analyze and troubleshoot problems, and implement solutions.
- Monitor performance, identify bottlenecks and recommend and/or perform adjustments to optimize performance
- Automate the management of database server performance tuning and database life cycle utilizing database administration tools.
- Research software alternatives/upgrades to improve security, performance, reliability, and recoverability of DBMS.
- Create and maintain jobs, dynamic database objects, tables, files, and indexes to support computer applications using SQL, functions, stored procedures, triggers and views.
- Perform installation, upgrades, patches for supported COTS applications and database software release.
- Degree in computer science or a similar field.
- At least 3 years of experience playing the role of a Database Administrator who is responsible for the design, development, tuning, maintenance and administrative of Enterprise DBMS
- Experience in Oracle and PostgreSQL Databases is a must.
- Shell scripting skills with Power Shell, Python, Bash, Perl or other scripting language
- Command line skills
- Basic knowledge and experience of Developing and managing database in cloud computing environment (AWS preferred)
- Basic knowledge and experience of DevOps and CI/CD activities
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.