Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
- To translate business requirements into technical requirements, identifying any gaps
- To write code to specification for one or more applications / products during the build phase of the software development lifecycle
- To test the code thoroughly and liaise with business users to ensure delivery is fit for purpose
- To develop a technical understanding of a component or sub-component within an application / product, providing support for technical queries, live incidents and problems
- To ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications / products is maintained across their lifetime, contributing to the development of any technical changes being proposed
- To work on a single complex project, or multiple standard projects, as a team member or team leader.
What will you be doing?
- Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle
- Undertake impact assessment of change requests against applications / products within domain
- Create/Review component designs & builds to ensure compatibility with the end-to-end system design
- Create/Review test strategies to guarantee the quality of the delivered system, assist in the diagnosis of system problems encountered during testing
- Collaborate with other component design and build teams, ensuring that end-to-end system design is followed
- Ensure that technical engineering quality standards / benchmarks are met, taking remedial action where there are quality shortfalls
- Complete technically-complex assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements
- Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind
Where system development is part of a wider set of interdependent systems changes, collaborate with the Systems Designers from the other areas to ensure end-to-end technical integrity of the development, leading this collaboration when required
What we’re looking for:
- End-to-end software development lifecycle
- Software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
- Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques and services within IT
- Software development consisting of some of the following languages and technologies:
- J2EE Frameworks (Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate)
- Databases (Oracle / DB2 / SQL / IMS DEDB )
- Webservices / knowledge of WSDL – SOAP & REST
- JQuery / HTML5 / CSS
- XML & XML Java Parsers (xsd, dtd)
- Application servers (Websphere, Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat)
- Version Control Software (Clearcase / SVN / CVS / Git, BitBucket)
Skills that will help you in the role:
- BE or MCA from reputed college
- AWS, Java or related technologies certification from reputed institution or university.
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.