Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
This is a Java Solution Designer with Barclays Partner Finance. The Purpose is design High Level and low level designs for Java applications, working in collaboration with Architect, Business Analyst and build team. Experience in JEE frameworks e.g. Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, JPA or other ORM, AWS. Having Banking domain knowledge and have worked on Banking Projects.
What will you be doing?
- Collaboration with Solution Architect and Business Analyst and convert AV into High level and low level design.
- Technical Analysis of requirements and coming up the solution for build team.
- Reviewing and Creating Business and Technical Flow and documenting the same.
- Work along with the Scrum Team in Amigo and Sprint Planning
- Working alongside the developers and testers and reviewing the code and test cases for completeness of the requirement
What we’re looking for:
- Hands on experience in JEE frameworks e.g. Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, JPA or other ORM frameworks. Hands on experience on Web Services (SOAP, REST).
- Experience of designing solutions and converting Architecture vision into HLD and LLD.
- Good Banking Domain Knowledge, Agile Understanding, Tech/Business design knowledge
- Strong experience in Java 1.8, Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns.
- Experience in Build tools like, Maven/Gradle etc.
- Experience with TDD(Test Driven Development), JUnit, Mockito, Git, MongoDB
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience with AWS, Micro Services, CQRS and event sourcing
- Experience with Enterprise Containerization technologies e.g. Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift etc.
- Understanding of Open source cloud technologies
- Experience with distributed caches such as Gridgain, REDIS.
- Experience with any UI technologies (Angular, React etc)
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.