The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has the mission to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
In line with the United Nations’ Youth Strategy which calls on all UN agencies to “increase impact and expand global, regional and country-level action to address the needs, build the agency, and advance the rights of young people in all their diversity”, UNFPA EECA Regional Office launched Young Innovators Internship Program – Eastern Europe and Central Asia (YIIP – EECA).
Interested persons must:
● Be enrolled in an advanced degree programme or have recently graduated;
● Have written and spoken proficiency in English; fluency in Russian is an asset.
● Demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate. (see http://www.unfpa.org/about-us)
● Demonstrate commitment to human rights and the principles of leaving no one behind (LNOB).
● Commit at least 3-6 months for UNFPA YIIP-EECA Internship Program
● Be proactive and possess strong inter-personal skills