NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has approximately 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.61 billion in 2020.
- A Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar is required
- Embedded software application development experience (> 1 year)
- Embedded C and Assembly language programming knowledge required
- Intermediate understanding of Microcontrollers, Microprocessors and general-purpose peripherals (Timers, ADCs, CAN, serial communications, etc.). ARM Cortex-M, is a plus.
- Knowledge of RTOS basics/intermediate level
- Knowledge of Analog and Sensors basic/intermediate level
- Basic understanding of schematic and layout
- Advance English and Spanish communication skills (verbal & written)
- Efficient communication in local and global multi-cultural environments
- Collaborative, proactive, self-learning and team player attitude is a must
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
- Lead the execution from the application’s perspective for the new product development process by planning, coordinating and executing the different deliverables of this role.
- Perform validation of key IP blocks to ensure that the defined functionality is properly met and documentation is properly created.
- Develop demo applications and reference designs to effectively exploit and show the advantages of the products on their selected applications.
- Provide feedback to the Marketing, Systems and Design teams with valuable improvement proposals related to the product features and architecture. This must be based on the knowledge of the end customers’ applications and way of working.
- Provide highly technical support to customers, Field Engineers, Sales and Marketing around the world designing with NXP Products and Tools via email, phone, communities, etc.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve our offering enhancing our Customer’s experience
- Collaborate and participate in:
- Development/revision of documentation
- Writing/reviewing Application Notes
- Testing software versions, stacks and available operating systems
- Creating and providing training (in English and Spanish)
- Testing silicon modules and software drivers
- Working on projects