With the release of Enhanced SGUnited Programmes announced by Workforce Singapore (WSG) in conjuncture with Singapore Business Federation, NTU offer attachments and traineeships to support the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme (SGUP) and SGUnited Traineeships (SGUT). The programmes are part of NTU’s effort to create relevant and meaningful opportunities for our nation’s mid-career individuals and fresh graduates looking for full-time positions.
About the Lab
The Singtel Cognitive and Artificial Intelligence Lab for Enterprises (SCALE@NTU) is a 5-year collaboration jointly established by NTU, Singtel and the National Research Foundation (NRF) to support Singapore’s transformation into a Smart Nation and help enable the country’s digital economy.
Research and development efforts in SCALE@NTU focus on AI, data analytics, robotics and smart computing. The lab will allow researchers to develop applications for use in the areas of public safety, smart urban solutions, transportation, healthcare, and manufacturing, aiming to resolve various challenges faced by cities.
This partnership is expected to expand the product range of Singtel and its regional info-communications technology subsidiary NCS. It will also train more than 100 researchers, engineers and students from NTU and Singtel in the areas of AI, data analytics and edge intelligence. Such capabilities are relevant and beneficial to Singapore’s Smart City ecosystem.
The candidate will be involved in R&D in the areas of advanced machine learning and AI algorithms. The responsibilities may include:
- Background knowledge acquisition
- R&D and testing of AI and machine learning algorithms
- UI/UX design
- Engineering and system integration
- Data collection and analytics
- Documenting research plans and progress, and writing reports
- Degree in computer science and engineering, electrical/electronics engineering or related fields
- Experience in UI/UX design, coding, or data analytics is preferred
- Willingness and ability to develop new skills
- Effective communication and report writing skills
- Highly motivated, independent and able to work as a team
Duration of Traineeship/Attachment Offered: 6 months
Approved Training Allowance
- Fresh Graduates – $2500
- Non-Mature Mid-Career Individuals – $3000
- Mature Mid-Career Individuals – $3800
This position is open for both recent graduates and mid-career individuals (mature and non-mature). Graduates interested in this position should possess a University Degree. Mid-career individuals from any qualification level can apply.