We are the Outlook Services Platform team and currently looking for a highly motivated engineer who can help build a scalable Outlook platform and set a high bar for performance and usability, while challenging the status quo. You will be specifically building the next generation scheduling platform providing intelligent scheduling features facilitating each of our users to have their own assistant with a focus on scalable long-term design and thinking.
Outlook Platform is built on Substrate, which is a massively distributed cloud service with O(exabyte) data handled by O(400K) servers in O(100) datacenters around the entire globe. You will be part of a passionate and creative team working to modernize the way people collaborate and communicate. If you are enthusiastic about partnering and working collaboratively with people across Microsoft, we’d love to chat with you!
We have a strong focus on driving innovation with agility and at the same time we take a pride in having the best workplace culture where people can do their best and reach their potential.
- Designing and implementing new features to deliver experiences customers will love
- Building experiences that make the product simple and easy to use
- Writing maintainable, well-tested code, and the monitoring systems to ensure it functions well in production
- Debugging and modifying code in an existing code base
- Using telemetry to discover bugs, customer pain points, and other opportunities for improvement to make our users’ lives a little better every day
- Working closely with engineers across the organization to ensure seamless experiences at scale
- Working across partners to brainstorm and communicate ideas and measure and incorporate feedback
- Listening to customer feedback to identify user pain and proactively fixing and improving the product
Job specific responsibilities:
- Work closely and collaborate with engineers and data scientists focused on providing innovative solutions that to bring human like intelligence experiences to our customers and support current ones.
- Design and develop next generation and automation solutions for user processes, workflows, and deployments.
- Create development design plans including core design, unit test, relevant telemetry, and ship features
- Contribute to building a diverse and inclusive team of highly skilled service engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years of experience designing, implementing, and shipping products.
- Experience in C#, Java, distributed systems, and cloud base products
- Strong analytical, design and communication skills in English and Spanish
- Experience with mid-tier development, web services
- Experience with web technologies like Typescript, HTML5, and CSS3, ReactJs is preferred but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away