Website M&G Real Estate
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision, we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change – Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results – Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple – Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
We welcome interns who are able to commit on a full-time or part-time (2 or 3 days/week) basis.
- Assisting to provide 2nd line resolution of IT issues reported either directly to or via the Service Desk.
- Providing support on IT issues escalated to 3rd line support teams – manage issue through to resolution, act as liaison between technical teams and end users, ensure adequate communication to end users.
- Assisting the users with issues relating to client devices.
- Assist to build all site based hardware (laptops, PCs, thin client devices etc.). Build using a standard build image, with hardware procured locally from an agreed list of suppliers/models.
- Provisioning of mobile devices (phones & tablets) from an agreed list of suppliers/models, including Good Technology set up for new users.
- Desk setup, desk move and installing/moving hardware (e.g. client devices, monitor replacements, Avaya desk phones).
- Setup of wired and wireless network connectivity and management of local network devices (e.g. local switch patching, wireless access points).
- Ensuring meeting rooms are properly configured and maintained to support audio conferencing.
- Assisting users with the setup of Video Conferencing and Telepresence facilities.
- Managing LAN attached printer problems, checking network connectivity, checking and resetting printer queues.
- Coordinating IT hardware and equipment upgrades/refreshes.
- Maintaining Asset Register of hardware assets.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
You should be a self-starter who has the ability to use your own initiative.
- Major in Information Technology or related study
- High proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Knowledge of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software is preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and experience supporting recent versions of Microsoft Office 0365. networking technologies and printer support is preferred.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.