As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Application Developer for Devops, you will contribute to a thriving and growing DevOps Engineering team. You will work in a Kubernetes based micro services environment to support our bleeding edge cloud services. This will include custom solutions, as well as open source DevOps tools (build and deploy automation, monitoring and data gathering for our software delivery pipeline). You will also be contributing to our continuous improvement and continuous delivery while increasing maturity of DevOps and agile adoption practices.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- Adopt to the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements
- Act as support SPOC for devops and system Administration and components, Provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to unix/ Linux operating system, network, and component software.
- Primary support for assigned ISV products along with diagnose unix/ Linux platform system and product issues and follow up with root cause analysis
- Analyze performance issues while providing technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems
- Aid with identifying problem management trends
- Develop solution in Shell and Perl scripting for client application as workaround to solve the issues during deployment.
- Handle the production management calls with all the stake holders
- Monitor the application health check during the Go live
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices & tools, logging and monitoring tools
- Experience implementing distributed applications in a container environment (Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift)
- We believe in automating everything, and the expectation is to create automated/automatable solutions
- Caching is a key skill in the cloud, and a strong candidate will exhibit exceptional skills with local and edge caching solutions
- The ability to debug web based solutions on both client and server sides would be a skill of the preferred candidate
- Having hands on experience with designing and developing microservices
Fluent English communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Passion for DevOps, Security and interest in learning emerging technologies
- Familiarity with Jenkins as build driving a full unit test, build verification, and production code delivery pipeline
- Ability to stand up and configure software solutions in a cloud environment
- Candidate would be expected to self-starting and self-motivating
- Agile development.
- Good understanding of the OSI model and communication protocols
- Hands-on experience with Linux environments
- Experience with containerization
- A security minded individual is required
- Delivery pipeline for CI / CD / Ops
- Integration with Monitoring and Logging tools
- Gathering insights from alerts and logs
- Providing clear and advance communication to colleagues and stakeholders about upcoming system changes
- Taking initiative to substantially improve customer and colleague workflows
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.