Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for an individual with an empathetic ear and an eye on the future. This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem-solving skills and a willingness to take responsibility for the day-to-day administration of our application support queues and end-user engagement initiatives. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically and perform tactically, and wants to make a positive difference that ripples through the organization.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good experience working with Clients on complex engagements, working with IT Service Management tools as Architect or Consultant, experience in designing, developing, and deploying solutions
- Good understanding of ITIL processes and overall ITSM concept
- Practical knowledge of enterprise architecture and technologies, such as networks, Windows/Linux operating systems, storage, virtual machines, discovery technology, cloud management platforms, orchestration tools.
- Object-Oriented development and design principles
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and problem-solving
- DevOps skills ( Linux, Terraform, Jenkins, python, bash, CI/CD, etc.)
- Experience developing robust back-end and/or front-end software at scale with a good understanding of implementing REST APIs.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including technical and business concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, and ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Demonstrate the ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons, and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, accountability, and critical thinking
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Possess and demonstrate a “team-first” mindset
- Desired Extra Skills and Qualifications:
- Data Mining Capability to manage a large amount of data (Docker, Python)
- Data Science Certifications or Training