AVEVA creates industrial software that inspires people to shape the future. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, our solutions turn opportunities into business value. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver solutions across the asset and operations lifecycles. We use collaborative innovation to empower people and industries, enabling the planet to thrive.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
Solution Support Engineers at AVEVA employ a combination of solution, systems, network communications and application-specific software skills to help customers maintain the reliability and performance of their systems, and address any potential technical problem, assist Application Engineers with site-specific difficulties during new site commissioning as well as system upgrades and expansions and research, identify, develop and recommend corrective measures to address technical and application issues identified in the field or in-house.
- Help customers maintain the reliability and performance of their systems, and address any potential technical problem.
- Assist Application Engineers with site-specific difficulties during new site commissioning as well as system upgrades and expansions.
- Work closely with our global team force to manage customer relationship and satisfaction.
- Research, identify, develop and recommend corrective measures to address technical and application issues identified in the field or in-house.
- Participate in power monitoring system development projects by contributing knowledge of customer applications, providing user information requirements, providing test scenarios and typical use-cases, and occasionally participating in product development and testing.
- Resolve technical problems from end customers, application engineers, and engineering teams.
- Identify and qualify product and solution failures and assist on the engineering in understanding and resolving them.
- Case tracking by entering cases either in our and Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Research and documentation of technical problems and solutions using our Knowledge Base.
- Design, plan, research, evaluate and test complex systems used to monitor and/or control electrical equipment and systems
Skills & Qualifications
- Engineering degree in Electrical, Power Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience in software, hardware, networking, database and/or system troubleshooting, diagnosis and problem solving
- Power and/or electrical systems knowledge
- Computer knowledge, particularly relating to server, network and operating system installation and configuration
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, self-motivated and customer-focused
- People-person and team player, enjoying the cross-functional interaction required for this position
- Quick learner with an inquiring mind
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work with people with a wide range of technical backgrounds, including consultants, senior professional engineers, energy managers, electricians, IT engineers and personnel, account managers, sales personnel
- Ability to occasionally travel to various customer sites in the region and worldwide
- SQL Database querying and programming experience
- VB.Net, C#, HTML5 coding experience
- Manufacturing Execution System experience
- Understanding of SCADA and HMI standard
- On-site or remote advanced technical support experience
- Knowledge of Wonderware by AVEVA products
- Understanding of control systems and PLC
- Controls or transformer protection experience
- Experience with CRM systems
- Bilingual: English and French/Italian/German/Dutch an asset
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.