Website astreyapartners Astreya
Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some of the most exciting companies on the planet. We are at the cusp of a new way of working with our delivery model that helps our clients be positively productive by matching exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world-class IT service. With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world, we are a global company working with the world’s most recognizable and innovative organizations.
What this Job Entails:
The Network Operations Engineer I is a network support engineer for managing and troubleshooting Network Production environments. This position requires the ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Works on problems of moderate scope
- Receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in production network and internet peering strategies
- Experience with networking technologies relative to content delivery network, monitoring capacity and peering traffic.
- Day-to-day activities involve working on multiple vendor servers and various software and hardware issues
- Handle traffic and any other queries raised by ISP/partners
- Support team in handling network and traffic peering for any incidents such as input errors, CRC, Capacity, Routing, Protocol, etc.
- Working with multiple TAC vendors to fix the hardware issues
- Work with ISP/vendors on fixing any issues related to network
- Participate in 24/7 support with other teams across the globe. Some weekend work may be required.
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities assigned to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S/B.A) from four-college or university and 2+ years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Builds productive internal and external working relationships
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Understanding of network and traffic peering
- Understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies will be advantages.
- Understanding of preparing root cause analysis for any network and server outages.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work with service providers, colocation facilities, and ISPs around the world
- Know-how knowledge about the different Network Protocols like OSPF/ISIS and BGP
- Knowledgeable on Layer 1 troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor network environment.
- Network certifications. Min CCNA/JNCIA
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.