What this Job Entails:
The Network Operations Engineer I is a network support engineer for managing and troubleshooting Network Production environments. This position requires the ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Works on problems of moderate scope
- Receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in production network and internet peering strategies
- Experience with networking technologies relative to content delivery network, monitoring capacity and peering traffic.
- Day-to-day activities involve working on multiple vendor servers and various software and hardware issues
- Handle traffic and any other queries raised by ISP/partners
- Support team in handling network and traffic peering for any incidents such as input errors, CRC, Capacity, Routing, Protocol, etc.
- Working with multiple TAC vendors to fix the hardware issues
- Work with ISP/vendors on fixing any issues related to network
- Participate in 24/7 support with other teams across the globe. Some weekend work may be required.
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities assigned to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S/B.A) from four-college or university and 2+ years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Builds productive internal and external working relationships
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Understanding of network and traffic peering
- Understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies will be advantages.
- Understanding of preparing root cause analysis for any network and server outages.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work with service providers, colocation facilities, and ISPs around the world
- Know-how knowledge about the different Network Protocols like OSPF/ISIS and BGP
- Knowledgeable on Layer 1 troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor network environment.
- Network certifications. Min CCNA/JNCIA